Win a Trip to Reunite With a Long Lost Relative This Holiday Season!Have you lost touch with any of your relatives? The holiday season is when many take the time to connect with family members near and far. If you ask anyone who has been able to reconnect with a family member separated by time or distance, the opportunity to finally see one another can be magical.
As a website built around the importance of connecting families, Archives.com is excited to announce that we are sponsoring a contest with WhitePages.com to connect one lucky winner with their long lost relative. From now until December 19th, we want to hear your favorite memory about that particular relative you would like to see again.
To enter, simply submit your favorite memory of a long lost relative with whom you would like to be reunited at http://www.runandhug.com/families/. Then, share with family and friends so they can vote for you!
If your story receives the most votes, you and a companion will win two all expenses paid trips to reunite during the holiday season. You will also be given $1,000 in cash to enhance your trip. Cash prizes of $500 and $200 will be awarded to the runner-up and second runner-up. The top ten contestants with the most votes will receive year-long subscriptions to Archives.com to further explore their family tree. (read the FAQ)
Tips to improve your chances of winning:
- Talk about this relative with members of your immediate family to refresh your memory and to help articulate your particular story. This will help you to write out your favorite memory.
- Submit a photo to make your story more powerful in order to get more votes. Ask your immediate family if they have any pictures of this person or any objects that may have been theirs. This will give you a chance to get to know that person better, and also give you a moment to reconnect with the family you see everyday.
- Tell us why this memory is important to you. You might consider what effect this particular memory has had on your life today. Have you made any life decisions based on it? Or is this perhaps the only memory you have of this person?
- Add more depth and color to your story by adding your family coat of arms to your submission. You can find family coat of arms here.
- Get your family and friends involved by sharing your submission via email, Facebook and Twitter. Let them know that you need their support. By reconnecting with this relative, you are taking an opportunity to do something for your entire family.
We hope you will take the time to consider a relative you have lost touch with, and enter to win this incredible opportunity. Archives.com is proud to work with Whitepages.com to make this possible.
To submit your story and learn more click here: http://www.runandhug.com/families/
Sign up for a free trial account and begin tracing your family history today.Start 7-Day Free Trial »