Archives.com Massively Expands U.S. Vital Records Collections
With the holidays behind us, it's time to dig into finding more ancestors and Archives.com is here to help. We recently added more than 58 million United States vital records. These 27 new collections contain birth, death, or marriage information from 21 states.
To learn more about these collections and to begin your search, please visit the Collections page.
Connecticut Town Marriage Records and Connecticut Town Death Records (popularly known as the Barbour Collection) cover pre-1870 marriages and deaths and are considered a standard Connecticut reference.
Georgia Death Records covers 1919 through 1998. Information includes the person's name, birth date, death date, and place of death.
Indiana Marriage Records covers marriages from 1800 through 1941. This will be indispensable for researching your ancestors in the Hoosier State.
New Jersey Birth Index includes births from 1660 through 1931. Records vary in content, but could include not only the parents' names, but also the names of the grandparents.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Death Index will help your research in a state that can be difficult. This collection contains deaths from 1803 through 1915. Depending on who gave the information, records could contain parents' names, the spouse's name, and place of burial.
Full List of Recently-added U.S. Vital Records:
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-1959
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
- Connecticut Town Death Records, Barbour Collection, pre-1870
- Connecticut Town Marriage Records, Barbour Collection, pre-1870
- Delaware Birth Records, 1800-1908
- Delaware Death Records, 1811-1933
- Georgia Death Records, 1919-1998
- Illinois Marriage Records, 1790-1860
- Indiana Marriage Records, 1800-1941
- Louisiana Death Index, 1900-1949
- Maryland Marriage Records, 1655-1850
- Michigan Death Records, 1897-1920
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
- Mississippi Marriage Records, 1776-1935
- Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002
- New Hampshire Death and Burial Index, 1654-1949
- New Jersey Birth and Christening Index, 1660-1931
- New Jersey Death and Burial Index, 1798-1971
- New York City Birth Records, 1891-1902
- New York City Death Records, 1892-1902
- North Carolina Death Records, 1908-2004
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia Death Index, 1803-1915
- Tennessee State Death Records, 1908-1958
- Tennessee Marriage Records, 1780-2002
- Texas State Marriage Records, 1814-1909 and 1966-2002
- Virginia Death and Burials Index, 1853-1917
Put the knowledge you learn to good use by signing up for a free trial
account and begin tracing your family history today.