Brown County, KS Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce Records

Brown County vital recordsBrown County vital records can be requested from the Kansas Department of Health. Vital records such as birth records, death records, marriage records, divorce records as well as delayed birth certificates can be found on file at the Department of Health. If you require a vital record prior to July 1911 it is best to check with the Brown County Clerk's Office, they may have retained older records in the form of a written ledger. The Kansas State Historical Society for Historical Research is also a good place to acquire information regarding older vital records. Requests for vital certificates can also be made through VitalChek.

Brown County Recorder Office - Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records

Brown County
601 Oregon St
Hiawatha, KS 66434
Hours of Operation: 8AM-5PM CST
Phone: 785-742-3741
Fax: 785-742-7705
Real Estate: 785-742-3741
Assessor: 785-742-7232
Treasurer: 785-742-2051
Appraiser: 785-742-7232
Elections: 785-742-2581
Recording Officer: County Register of Deeds
Records Online: Real Estate, Deed, Other County Data
Assessor Fax: 785-742-7661
Assessor Website

Brown County Marriage & Divorce Records

Brown County Birth & Death Records

About Brown County, Kansas

Did you mean?

Find Records Now for Free

Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.

Start free trial