Pottawatomie County, OK Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce Records

Pottawatomie County vital recordsPottawatomie County vital record requests should be made in person or by mail to the County Health Department in Shawnee. Record copies ($15) are restricted to family members when the recordholder is alive. Requests can also be made to the state Department of Health in Oklahoma City or online at VitalChek. Although records date to 1907, recordkeeping was not uniform until the 1940s; historical records are located at the Oklahoma Historical Society. Requests for marriage and divorce records should be directed to the Pottawatomie County Clerk in Shawnee. Pottawatomie County, originally Creek and Seminole and later Potawatomi and other tribes, was founded in 1891 when opened to non-Indian settlement.

Pottawatomie County Recorder Office - Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Records

Pottawatomie County
PO Box 576
Shawnee, OK 74802
Hours of Operation: 8:30AM-5PM CST
Phone: 405-273-8222
Fax: 405-275-6898
Real Estate: 405-273-8222
Assessor: 405-275-4740
Treasurer: 405-273-0213
Elections: 405-273-8367
Recording Officer: County Clerk
Records Online: Real Estate, Deed, Trac

Pottawatomie County Marriage & Divorce Records - County Courts

Category: Courts
Shawnee-City - Court Clerk
16 West 9th Street
Shawnee, OK 74801
Phone: (405)878-1622

Category: Courts
Tecumseh-City - City Manager- Administration- Court Clerk
114 North Broadway Street
Tecumseh, OK 74873
Phone: (405)598-2188

Pottawatomie County Birth & Death Records

About Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma

Did you mean?

Find Records Now for Free

Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.

Start free trial