Click a category below to reveal frequently asked questions. You can click on a question to jump to its answer or scroll down to browse. If your question isn't answered here, you can contact Customer Support.
Account SettingsBack to top
- You can reset your password from the link on the Sign In page.
- Simply update the preferences in your Email Settings.
- If your session has expired or you're using a different computer, you may have been automatically signed out. Please Sign In if you're already a member.
- Make sure that you're using the same email address you used when you joined. Your password is case sensitive so double-check that caps lock is off. If neither of these fixes the problem, reset your password from the link on the on the Sign In page.
Records SearchBack to top
- Our collections contain over 11.6 billion U.S. and international records, and we're adding new ones all the time. Visit our Collections page for a comprehensive list.
- Get started searching with Archives by visiting our tutorial: “Learn more about Search on Archives”
- The following tutorial can help you get unstuck: “Can't Find What You're Looking for?”
- Follow our tutorial to find some easy ways to narrow down your results: “Too many results to look through?”.
- Viewing records from your results will help us find discoveries for you. Just click on any of your search results and view the details of a record. Then we'll start looking for new records about that person that you haven't seen yet. When we find discoveries, we'll let you know.
- Yes, as a member of Archives, you can start a brand new family tree or work with a preexisting one by uploading a GEDCOM file. Get started on your family tree here.
CertificatesBack to top
- Yes, we offer hard copy vital certificates for purchase. The typical turn-around time is 13-15 days. For fastest delivery, select USPS Critical Mail as your shipping method.
- If you ordered a Vital Certificate through Archives.com, you can check your order status by visiting the Order History page in My Account. In order history click the link on your vital certificate order listing. The order status will provide an overview of your order, shipping information, and purchase summary.
- The processing time for certificates varies by record office. To view the turn-around time associated to your certificate order, visit the order history page in My Account. In order history, click the link on your vital certificate order listing. Your certificate's estimated delivery is noted under the Shipping Information section. If you chose USPS Critical Mail as your shipping method, the shipping time will be reduced and you will also have enhanced security, door-to-door tracking, and damage insurance.
PrivacyBack to top
- View the Opt-out Policy to learn more on how to suppress search results about you from showing in a living person search. This does not impact your current subscription status or future scheduled billings.
Membership & BillingBack to top
- You can sign up for free at any time.
- We accept PayPal as well.
- Any payments you make to Archives will appear on your bank statement as "ANC*Archives.com" along with our toll-free Customer Support number.
- The price and duration of your Archives membership is determined by the option you chose at sign up. To ensure uninterrupted access, most membership types will renew each subscription period unless you choose to cancel it. Your next renewal date is shown in your Account Profile
- You can update your billing options from your Account Profile.
- Visit the Membership Options page or contact Customer Support and specify that you'd like to decline any future renewals.
- If you have questions about the Newspapers.com website or your login information for Newspapers.com, please visit www.newspapers.com/help.
- If you have questions about your Newspapers.com account or billing, please contact Customer Support.
Still Have A Question? Back to top
Our Customer Support team should be able to help out.
Find records now for free.
Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.