Click a category below to reveal frequently asked questions. You can click on a question to jump to its answer or scroll down to browse. If your question isn't answered here, you can contact Customer Support.
Account SettingsBack to top
- To reset your password, visit your account page. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page to reset it.
- To unsubscribe from our emails, simply update your preferences in your Email Settings.
- If your session has expired or you're using a different computer, you may have been automatically signed out. If you’ve forgotten your password, follow the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page to reset it.
- Make sure that you're using the same email address you used when you joined to sign in. Your password is case sensitive so double-check that caps lock is off. If neither of these solutions fixes the problem, reset your password using the Forgot password? link on the Sign In page.
Records SearchBack to top
- Our collections contain over 11.6 billion U.S. and international records, and we're adding new ones all the time. Visit our Collections page for a comprehensive list of collections.
- Get started searching with Archives by visiting our tutorial: “Learn more about Search on Archives”
- The following tutorial can help you get unstuck: “Can't Find What You're Looking for?”
- Follow our tutorial to find some easy ways to narrow down your results: “Too many results to look through?”.
- Viewing records from your search results will help us find discoveries for you. Just click on any of your search results and view the details of a record, then we'll start looking for new records about that person that you haven't seen yet. When we find hints for you, we’ll add them to your Discoveries.
- Yes, as a member of Archives, you can start a brand new family tree or work with a preexisting one by uploading a GEDCOM file. Get started on your family tree.
CertificatesBack to top
- Yes, you can purchase hard copy birth, marriage, death, and divorce vital certificates on Archives.com. The turn-around time varies depending on the issuing record office, but is typically between 15 and 30 days. For our fastest delivery, select USPS Critical Mail as your shipping method.
- If you ordered a Vital Certificate through Archives.com, you can check your order status by visiting your Account History in My Account, then selecting the order link under the description of your certificate purchase. The order page will provide an overview of your order, including status, shipping information, and a purchase summary.
- The processing time for certificates varies by record office. To view the estimated turn-around time associated with your certificate order, visit the Account History page, then click the link on your vital certificate order listing. Your certificate's estimated delivery is noted under the Shipping Information section. If you choose USPS Critical Mail as your shipping method, the shipping time will be reduced and you will also have enhanced security, door-to-door tracking, and damage insurance. Also, please note that some orders require additional information to complete. If you’re not seeing any progress with your order, please check your inbox for an email from USAVital, our official source for government-issued vital certificates, to make you’ve provided all the needed information.
- If you have already placed your order, please contact USAVital directly by phone at 1-800-747-1500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need help placing an order or have questions about ordering vital certificates, please contact Archives Customer Support.
PrivacyBack to top
- View the Opt-out Policy to learn more on how to suppress search results about you from showing in a living person search. This does not impact your current subscription status or future scheduled billings.
Membership & BillingBack to top
- You can sign up for free at any time.
- We accept PayPal as well.
- Any payments you make to Archives will appear on your bank statement as "ANC*Archives.com" along with our toll-free Customer Support number.
- The price and duration of your Archives membership is determined by the option you chose at sign up. To ensure uninterrupted access, most membership types will renew each subscription period unless you choose to cancel it. Visit your Account Profile to view your next renewal date.
- Visit your Account Profile to update your billing options.
- Visit the Membership Options page or contact Customer Support and specify that you'd like to decline any future renewals.
- If you have questions about the Newspapers.com website or your login information for Newspapers.com, please visit www.newspapers.com/help.
- If you have questions about your Newspapers.com account or billing, please contact Customer Support.
Still Have A Question? Back to top
Contact our Customer Support team and they should be able to help out.
Find records now for free.
Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.