Click a category below to reveal frequently asked questions. You can click on a question to jump to its answer or scroll down to browse. If your question isn't answered here, you can contact Customer Support.
Account SettingsBack to top
- You can reset your password from the link on the Sign In page.
- Simply update the preferences in your Email Settings.
- If your session has expired or you're using a different computer, you may have been automatically signed out. Please Sign In if you're already a member.
- Make sure that you're using the same email address you used when you joined. Your password is case sensitive so double-check that caps lock is off. If neither of these fixes the problem, reset your password from the link on the on the Sign In page.
Records SearchBack to top
- Our collections contain over 8.7 billion UK and international records, and we're adding new ones all the time. Visit our Collections page for a comprehensive list.
- Get started searching with Archives by visiting our tutorial: “Learn more about Search on Archives”
- The following tutorial can help you get unstuck: “Can't Find What You're Looking for?”
- Follow our tutorial to find some easy ways to narrow down your results: “Too many results to look through?”.
- Viewing records from your results will help us find discoveries for you. Just click on any of your search results and view the details of a record. Then we'll start looking for new records about that person that you haven't seen yet. When we find discoveries, we'll let you know.
- Yes, as a member of Archives, you can start a brand new family tree or work with a preexisting one by uploading a GEDCOM file. Get started on your family tree here.
PrivacyBack to top
Membership & BillingBack to top
- You can sign up for free at any time.
- Any payments you make to Archives will appear on your bank statement as "ANC*Archives.com" along with our toll-free Customer Support number.
- You can update your billing options from your Account Profile.
- Visit the Membership Options page or contact Customer Support and specify that you'd like to decline any future renewals.
Still Have A Question? Back to top
Our Customer Support team should be able to help out.
Find records now for free.
Start your free trial today to learn more about your ancestors using our powerful and intuitive search. Cancel any time, no strings attached.