Archives.com One Year Anniversary
Source: The Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum
- Archives.com surpassed 2 million unique monthly visitors in February 2010 (according to Compete.com)
- Members have created or uploaded tens of thousands of family trees
- 1.25 million user hours have been spent on Archives.com
- July 2009 - GenealogyArchives.com launches with hundreds of millions of historical records - vital, immigration, military and more. Focus on making family history simple and affordable through a low price and more intuitive user interface.
- August 2009 - Broadened our records collection with the addition of hundreds of millions of obituary and census index records
- November 2009 - Ancestor Alerts feature allows users to specify ancestors they're most interested in and notifies them when new matches are found
- January 2010 - Re-launch as Archives.com to emphasize our broader range of records collections and historical resources. Price remains unchanged at only $39.95/year
- March 2010 - Archives.com launches simple yet powerful online family tree software tools, enabling members to upload an existing GEDCOM or start building a new tree
- April 2010 - Archives.com launches on-site record retrieval, enabling members to hire a court-runner to retrieve a court record
- May 2010 - Archives partners with Henry Louis Gates Jr. to promote African American Heritage. Archives provides complimentary memberships to all 9,000 members of the National Genealogical Society.
Cheers! Here's to Archives.com's fantastic first year, and many more to come.
Sign up for a free trial account and begin tracing your family history today.Start 7-Day Free Trial »